Seizing Trade Opportunities in an Uncertain World
Trade continues to dominate news headlines, with changes taking place daily. The complexity can seem overwhelming to companies trying to make sense of what seems like a suddenly threatening environment. Firms that understand the new global and regional landscape are better prepared and positioned to find new opportunities for growth. This one-day workshop will help prepare you better to seize these prospects to find new markets or exploit existing networks.
- Overview of the changing trade landscape, supply chain and global value chain patterns
- Understanding US-China trade war and role of FTAs in global trade
- Overview of the most important FTAs in the region: RCEP and CPTPP (members, market access, and contents)
- Comparing RCEP and CPTPP and their benefits
- Capitalizing the benefits of CPTPP in core chapters for firms in Asia
- Decoding common technical jargon in trade
- Understanding trade negotiations in ASEAN
- Modelling FTA cost-savings and duty minimisation
- Guide to CO, RVC, Customs Valuation and Trade Compliance
- How to use drawback and postponement schemes
- Case studies of firms using FTAs to tackle challenges and improve profit margins when trading with Asian partners
- Practical challenges firms often face when using FTAs and some best practices to resolve the challenges
Who Should Attend?
CEO, COO, Director of Business Development, Director of Supply Chain and Logistics, Business Owners of SMEs and all key decision makers who are involved in ASEAN, Asia, global expansion, internationalisation strategies and planning.
Dr. Deborah Elms, Executive Director, Asian Trade Centre
Dr. Deborah Elms is the Founder and Executive Director of the Asian Trade Centre (ATC). She is Vice Chair of the Advisory Board for the Asia Business Trade Association (ABTA), Co-Chair of the Trade Policy Committee of the Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA), and also a senior fellow in the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry’s Trade Academy. Previously, Dr. Elms was head of the Temasek Foundation Centre for Trade & Negotiations (TFCTN) and Senior Fellow of International Political Economy at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Dr. Elms received a PhD in political science from the University of Washington, a MA in international relations from the University of Southern California, and bachelor’s degrees from Boston University. Dr. Elms publishes the Talking Trade Blog.
Please register online by clicking on the 'Register Now' button. If you are unable to register online, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format.
Event: Seizing Trade Opportunities in an Uncertain World Workshop
Membership: SCCCI Member / Non-Member *
Membership Number if member:
Payment Mode: SCCCI voucher, cash/mobile payment or cheque *
*Please delete accordingly.
For enquiries, please email Emelyn at email@example.com. Programme subject to changes. Please look out for a confirmation email sent 1 week prior to the event.