How to Crack China eCommerce & Retail - What Works & What Doesn't
Learn from a Singaporean top level executive stationed in Tencent HQ for the past 23 years!
"Confronted with emerging, matters, people lose out in 4 ways. They don’t see it coming, they don’t think much of it, they don’t understand it or they are too late to adapt." - Jack Ma
SMART(New) retail – or business models that converge digital and offline experiences – has blossomed in China. The advances of Chinese companies compared to, say, Amazon Go, a supermarket that basically offers “click and collect” convenience, are impressive.
SMART Retail is the integration of online, offline, logistics and data across a single value chain resulting in greater consumer experience. In this context, two internet giants Alibaba & Tencent are moving aggressively into retail, each with a different strategy. Learn how Tencent is using WeChat, WeChat Pay and its Big Data & Cloud Computing to help business improve the retail experience. Find out how Alibaba is developing its own retail stores Hema and why it is the envy of retailers. This O to O (online to offline) approach is proving a real threat to retailers as it harnesses the power of technology to improve operational efficiency and shopper experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those who are in charge of Retail & E-Commerce Strategy
- Those who are operating physical retail stores
- Those leading digitalisation of physical stores
- Those interested to learn how data technology can help retail decisions
- Those who want to improve operational efficiency and reduce cost
- Understand the impact of internet thinking on the retail industry
- Gain know-how on what is NEW in New Retail
- Grasp the different strategic approaches between Ali vs Tencent in retailing
- Hema: A benchmark for retail operational efficiency
- Overview of other upcoming prominent players in the commerce space
- Explore effective ways to apply data analytics & cloud services & AI in retail
- Discuss key challenges Singapore retailers face in the digital age
COURSE INSTRUCTOR - JEFF KWEK
Jeff is a Singaporean who has worked in China for the last 15 years. He spent 11 years in Tencent - China’s largest internet company by users - and worked as Head of Strategy and later as General Manager of Key Accounts & Channel Sales. In this role, Jeff worked with global brands like Mars, PG, Loreal, LVMH & Adidas on digital strategy, and collaborate with key media agency partners like Group M and Publicis Media to optimize media investments. Jeff has also spoken on marketing technology at Cannes Lions, Viva Tech & New York Advertising Festival. While at Tencent, he developed the online branding methodology “Tencent MIND” and the “ASK” training curriculum to boost digital marketing competencies.
Event: How to Crack China eCommerce & Retail - What Works & What Doesn't
Membership: SCCCI Member / Non-Member *
Membership Number if member:
Payment Mode: SCCCI voucher, cash/mobile payment or cheque *
* Please delete accordingly.
Programme details may be subject to change nearer to date. Please look out for a confirmation email sent 1 week prior to the event. For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.