Name of Organisation: Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Address: 47 Hill Street #09-00, Singapore 179365
Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce Foundation (Foundation) was incorporated on January 27 1966 as a company Limited by guarantee and not having a share capital. It is an approved institution of a public character (IPC) and its IPC status was extended for a period of three years commencing from 1 January 2015.
Charity Regn Date: 07.08.1984
Date of Establishment: 27.01.1966
Effective Date: 01.01.2015 – 31.12.2017
IPC No.: IPC000439
Members of the Committee of Management (wef 27 March 2015)
Thomas Chua Kee Seng
Ng San Tiong
Wu Hsioh Kwang
Ng Siew Quan
Teo Siong Seng
Lau Tai San
Thomas Pek Ee Perh
Charles Ho Nai Chuen
Voo Soon Sang
Tan Kim Seng
John Lim Hwee Chiang
Adrian Peh Nam Chuan
Chia Kim Huat
To contribute to the community development of Singapore by promoting educational, cultural, community and charitable activities, including raising funds for the restoration and management of the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall.
To foster a cohesive, compassionate and culturally vibrant society through the provision of funding for meaningful educational, cultural, community and charitable causes and projects.
The Foundation will continue to promote educational, cultural, community and charitable activities in the fulfillment of its objects. The major activities for the next five years are as follows:
1) Fund-raising activities for Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall.
2) Provision of scholarships/endowment fund to undergraduates in MBA/Business Studies courses or Chinese Language / Culture courses from the five local universities.
3) Provision of funding for SCCCI’s historical / cultural research projects.
4) Provision of training/educational grants to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and their employees in line with the government's policies and schemes on the development of SMEs.
5) Organising suitable and innovative events to support the Speak Mandarin Campaign and promote greater appreciation of Chinese language and culture.
6) Supporting and participating in various on-going and new cultural, educational and community engagement events to promote inter-ethnic understanding, cross-cultural appreciation, community cohesiveness and a pro-family society and assist new immigrants to integrate into Singapore’s society.
The above list of activities is non-exhaustive and will be reviewed and improved on to meet the changing circumstances of our dynamic society as and when necessary.
To make donations, please make your cheque payable to "Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce Foundation" and mail it to: c/o Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry, 47 Hill Street, #09-00, Singapore 179365.